October 2, 2021
Join us for the Washington Academy of Pediatric Dentistry’s Annual Meeting!
We’re very excited to finally meet again in person! While Zoom meetings have helped fill the gap and keep us safe, nothing can quite replace the sense of community and fun that meeting with colleagues can have. We’ve made plans to meet in October at the beautiful CedarBrook Lodge in Seattle. You don’t want to miss our dynamic and applicable lecture from Dr. Clarice Law as she helps us navigate current behavior management insights for children (and their parents!). Please follow the link below to register as soon as possible!
Location- CedarBrook Lodge https://www.cedarbrooklodge.
Time: 8:00 am – 8:50 am WSAPD business meeting 9:00 am -1:00 CE lecture 1:00 pm – Lunch
Lecture: Speaker- Dr. Clarice Law Topic– “Living in WandaVision: Beneath the surface of the contemporary family.”
The contemporary family has been challenged with a number of unique stressors, from the rise of media influences to the impact of Covid-19. These stressors have affected the nature of the relationship between the child, parent, and oral health provider. In this presentation, Dr. Clarice Law will bring in some of the issues being discussed outside the pediatric dentistry literature about changes in family dynamics. We’ll talk about some frameworks for understanding the roots of child and parent behavior and discuss some strategies that can influence behavior in the dental office.
- To summarize changes in parenting relevant to the pediatric dentist
- To discuss social influences on parenting
- To summarize current theories on parenting
- To brainstorm practical applications to clinical care
- To brainstorm modifications to basic behavior guidance techniques
WSAPD member – $275
non-WSAPD member- $375
About Our Speaker
Clarice Law, DMD, MS is a Health Sciences Clinical Professor in the Sections of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, UCLA School of Dentistry. Dr Law received her DMD from Harvard School of Dental Medicine and completed specialty training in Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics at UCLA. She teaches both disciplines to dental students and residents. Her research interests are in parental and social influences on child behavior. Dr Law is married to filmmaker Ian Eyre and has two children who have influenced both her orthodontic and behavior guidance practices immensely.
- 1 year full-time practice in orthodontics and pediatric dentistry
- 20 years in full-time academics
- Split between pediatric dentistry and orthodontics
- Dental students and residents
- Previous predoctoral orthodontics program director
- Previous predoctoral pediatric dentistry program director
- Previous graduate pediatric dentistry program director
- Currently Acting Chair of the Section of Orthodontics
- Research is mainly on the influence of parents on children in the dental setting
My legal name is actually Eyre, like Jane Eyre.
I am an amateur musician and have played guitar and electric bass with a variety of semi-professional musicians.
I lived in Atlanta, Georgia for one year as a mid-career break where my job was stay-at-home mom. I am happy to be back at work.
My backyard was the set of a Doritos Super Bowl commercial in 2012.
My husband is a Hollywood stuntman!